Book Review: Everlasting (The Immortals #6) by Alyson Noel

Summary: 
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.

Will they be united-or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion!

 
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Source: Purchased

Review:
The Immortals series has been hit-and-miss for me, so I didn't have super high expectations going into Everlasting.  I was excited to find out how Ever and Damen's story ended, and was hoping for a nicely-tied-up happily ever after.  And I'm happy to say that my hopes were fully met!   
Everlasting provided a great ending to the Immortals series with lots of closure.  I love closure...it really irks me to invest so much time (sometimes years waiting for releases) in a series, only to have the author not give us any closure.  *cough*Maggie Steifvater*cough*  I really liked how every character was addressed, even the minor ones.  I love knowing exactly what happens to everyone.

While I still believe that books 3-5 in the series could and should have been condensed into one book, Everlasting did not feel lacking as far as the plot goes, like Shadowland and Night Star felt to me.  I loved going back into the past, seeing Ever and Damen in a new light.  It took 100 pages for me to really get into the book, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. 

One of my favorite elements to books is character growth, and there was plenty of that here.  In fact, just about every character in the series as a whole grew some during Everlasting.  That really made the book special for me.  Overall, I would recommend The Immortals series as a whole.  Four out of the six books were three stars or greater for me, and I like Noel's unique premise and writing style.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification stinks--- but spammers are worse. Thank you for your patience!