Book Review: A Life That Fits by Heather Wardell

Summary: 
Twenty-eight-year-old Andrea returns home from a business trip to find Alex, her boyfriend of fourteen years, nervously waiting for her. Assuming he's finally going to propose, Andrea's instead horrified to learn he's been cheating on her and is leaving to be with the other woman, who he calls Andrea's opposite.

At first Andrea's paralyzed by shock and sadness, but the business analyst soon forms a plan: change every last detail of her life and become her opposite so Alex will come back to her.

It's a challenge at first, but soon Andrea's loving the changes she's making, the new activities she's doing, and the new people in her life. But will she change enough to get Alex back? And if she does, will he fit into the wonderful new life she's creating for herself?

Release Date:  June 1, 2011
Age Group:  Adult

Source: Review copy from author

Review: 
Heather Wardell has the distinction of being the only author I've emailed to ask if she has any new books for me to read.  And, wonder of wonders, she wrote me back!  I've read and loved all of Heather's previous books, so I was thrilled to hear that A Life That Fits was ready for me to dive into.  

Every time I sit down to read one of Heather's books, I am completely engrossed.  Everything in my world stops when I start reading one of her books.  That feeling of total immersion happens so rarely for me now, that I really enjoy it when I do feel that way about a book.

My favorite thing about Wardell's work is her characterization.  I relate so well to her heroines, I feel like I'm reading about myself or someone who could be my friend.  Her stories feature women who are struggling to balance it all:  love, career, personal dreams, and family drama.  Each story is different but some of themes are similar.  Her books are women's fiction without being full of bedroom scenes.  I really don't like it when romance authors substitute relationship development with sex scenes.  I want to know why two characters are in love, and read about them falling in love, not just falling into bed with each other.

I sped through A Life That Fits in one day because I just couldn't wait to find out how the story ended.  I just had to know what happened with Andrea and Alex.  And I was 100% happy with the conclusion.   I closed my Nook cover feeling totally satisfied, with my only complaint being that the book was over.  It was a great ride, and now I'm on pins and needles until Wardell's next book come out.  If you haven't read anything by Heather Wardell before, check out her books here.  Her first novel, Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tatoo, is free on her website.  Free!!  Go there now and jump right in!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I love the cover.
    Donna V.
    http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Word verification stinks--- but spammers are worse. Thank you for your patience!