Book Review: The Redhead Revealed (Redhead #2) by Alice Clayton

Summary: 
As their careers catch fire, Grace and Jack -- everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed, funny, and feisty couple -- find themselves on opposite coasts. Grace has landed in New York City, where she loves being onstage again, particularly because she’s playing a fabulous character in a musical written by her old college flame, Michael. Their rekindled friendship makes exploring the city that much more fun.
Wait, it’s just friendship, right?
Meanwhile, in L.A., Jack can scarcely keep up with the swirling throngs of women who track him everywhere he goes, the endless press appearances, and the ridiculous rules his manager, Holly, keeps concocting for him -- all part of the buildup to the release of Time, his steamy new film.
Thank goodness for phone sex.
But even when their schedules allow them to connect, Grace and Jack must keep their relationship off the radar and away from paparazzi cameras. Sure, the sex is sensational, but can this duo survive swirling rumors, the demands of their chosen professions, Grace’s raging internal battles, and a whopping nine-year age difference?
Tick-tock, the clock is ticking. Isn’t it?
Alice Clayton brings the second installment of a tale told with her magical mix of humor and heat, so cuddle up under the sheets and flip on the Golden Girls. Grace and Jack are at it again.

Release Date:  September 28, 2010
Publisher:  Omnific Publishing
Age Group:  Adult
Source:  Publisher

Review: 
The Redhead Revealed was another guilty pleasure by Alice Clayton.  I think The Unidentified Redhead was my favorite of the two books, just because I enjoy reading about the falling in love phase of a relationship.   

The Redhead Revealed takes us from Hollywood to New York City, and adds a new character: Michael, an old flame of Grace's.    Grace and Jack have to endure a long-distance relationship and the pressures of fame and career stress.  This book was not quite as funny as the first book in the series, just because Grace goes through some personal growth and lots of self-esteem issues in this installment.  

I would recommend this series to fans of romance, especially fans of contemporary romance.  If I was more of a romance fan, they most likely would have been five star books for me.  However, romance is not my favorite genre, and while I would definitely recommend these books, they were not all-time favorites for me personally.  

Just One Gripe: 
I am just not into the bedroom-scene laden feel of romance novels.  Escapism is fun every once in a while, but not on a regular basis.  

The Best Thing About This Book: 
The humor and the character growth.

Appropriate for a younger audience: 
No

Score: 
Characters: 4/5
Plot: 3/5
Setting/Imagery: 3/5
Originality: 4/5
Ending: 4/5
Total Score:  18/25




4 comments:

  1. I love this series! I agree this book was darker than the first book but I enjoyed the conflict. You're absolutely right - I love contemp romance and I gave it 5 stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. Once in a while it's fun. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading this book last week, and I agree. It felt more 'personal' than humor heavy, but I really enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hilarious banter between Grace and Jack :)

    ReplyDelete

Word verification stinks--- but spammers are worse. Thank you for your patience!